Sunday, February 15, 2009

Paris, je t'aime.


We've made it to Paris safe and sound! We're staying at a fine little place called the FIAP. It's most enticing attributes are: shady internet, a bar that closes whenever the guy behind it needs to use the restroom, a plethora of noisy young travellers, pink hallways, bunkbeds, and showers with no curtains. It's a nice little intro to the city, but I'm ready for classes and my host lady and her little dog (hopefully it looks like a cat).

I slept for 18 hours last night at a darling little hotel called L'Hotel Monte Carlo (which had statues of cats everywhere), and I taxied my way to the group at this dorm thing around noon. We checked in our rooms and headed out on the town for some exploring. From our temporary home here in the 14th we walked all the way to the 5th, thinking anything towards the Champs Elysees would be interesting. Oh how we were right. We stumbled upon the cutest side streets with even cuter shops and restaurants. A MacDo was found on a corner with free WiFi (yay!) and we even ran into a Starbucks. Luckily the little french bakeries and cafe's outnumbered anything American, so we can all breathe easy. The coolest sights to be seen so far have been the graffiti. I have many-a-pictures, so don't you worry dear reader, they will be posted in... 5 months :) I'm running out of internet time here, but tomorrow the plans are: THE LOUVRE! Whoooohooo!

1 comment:

  1. FIAP....oh my god...that place was crazy. There were so many kids there when I stayed. By the way, Starbucks in Paris = the craziest prices you will EVER see for a coffee beverage.

    I hope the little Paris book is serving you well.

    ReplyDelete